Thursday, December 28, 2017

IEP

Very few things in my Christian life go the way I think they will. I'm pretty sure God is trying to help me work on my need to control things. You would think I would get better at "Let go and let God" than I am. Not seeing any perceptible growth in this area. The latest episode of this is raising support for our work in Kenya.

Well, it is not going as I thought. Not a shock. In fact, entirely predictable. While it is not going as quickly as I would have liked, it is much cooler than I would have planned. Unexpected partners are a great encouragement. People who hear our story and are prompted to give that we don't really know melt your heart and stiffen your resolve at the same time. Friends that give more than they can afford to humble you as they inspire you to be the very best investment. A niece that supports you monthly with an amount that conjures up the story of the widow and her mites in Mark 12, a retired coworker that supports one special cause each year and she chooses you this year, gives you new found courage. When your daughter and her husband support you financially, share your story through social media and tells your extended family you are still in need of support, fills you with gratitude.

None of these blessings were in my plans. I struggle with how to rely on God and not to take responsibility for getting it all done. I struggle with the line between His provision and what I'm responsible for. I am convinced I have to look up more than I look ahead. The last month has been a great month of looking up. I am content watching God work. Jesus is telling me daily, "Don't worry, I've got this. Just be faithful and know my provision will be enough".

In the public school, for some students, we write an Individual Education Plan. It has amazed me for quite some time at how skilled our Father is at doing this. While this preparation for Kenya has been very unifying, it is clear that Jane and I are on different IEP's. My lessons are designed for my penchant for firing, then aiming. I'm learning to pray and be guided by the Holy Spirit. A little more aiming (prayer) before I fire. Jane is learning not to walk fearfully.  Not to let anxiety control her days and keep her from action.  She's learning to let the Holy Spirit guide her into boldness and security.  Looking forward to learning the next lessons in our IEP's!

1 comment:

  1. How good and how pleasant are the feet that carry the Good News of the Gospel. To know that the students will have “stand-in-parents” who will guide them with purpose, love, comfort and draw them closer to a God who loves them!

    ReplyDelete

The Heart of the Matter

There’s a first time for everything - this is my (Jane) first time posting about something that is bothering me, but just felt the ...