Monday, August 27, 2018

Sacrifices


The students have arrived, the staff is prepared, and yesterday we had our first worship service together.  As I stood among the students while we sang, I was overcome with emotion. To hear 400+ young people lift up their voices together worshipping our Lord was so powerful and beautiful, an amazing choir!  Then I thought of their parents and how they were worshipping at that moment.  Some were under a tree with no walls around their songs.  Some were worshipping with new church plants singing praises to God for new believers and praying for other hearts to receive the Good News.  Some were meeting in secret knowing God hears their quiet calls to worship.  I prayed that God would let these parents know that their children were celebrating and basking in the Savior’s love!  I prayed that these parents would know that their children would be taken care of to the best of our ability spiritually, emotionally and physically.

Saying goodbye was hard for the girls and their parents.  My heart broke for them.  Thinking about the beginning of school back in Grand Haven and not having my daycare kiddos back in my home and Jeff not being at Lakeshore Middle School, broke our hearts.  But I know God’s tender love and care will cover sacrifices made when answering his call.



The chapel at RVA




Goodbye LMS, hello RVA
Jeff's first day of teaching 8th grade math in Kenya

3 comments:

  1. Precious prayers, only the Father knows each situation, and His loved is poured out in and to all. Our message on Sunday was being totally devoted to God. Your blog brings that into reality! Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff - I enjoy reading your posts! It seems really strange not having you next door this year. It's quiet - no horns, yelling or smiles/handshakes at your door (well, new Math teacher Morgan smiles!). There is still Mt. Dew in the refrigerator so it's a reminder to pray for you! :) We are off to a great start at LMS and hoping all of your adventures are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - I thought my name would be published with my email. That last one was from Beth Keur.

    ReplyDelete

The Heart of the Matter

There’s a first time for everything - this is my (Jane) first time posting about something that is bothering me, but just felt the ...